As of March 1, 2019 road tests are booked through the Alberta Government.
*All driver examiners are government employees and are not associated with the registry office.*
Our office does NOT provide rental vehicles. You must provide the appropriate vehicle for the test you are taking:
- Class 2: a bus with a seating capacity of more than 24, including the driver.
- Class 3: a single vehicle with 3 or more axles.
- Class 4 & 5: a two-axle vehicle (motorcycle excluded).
- Class 6: a motorcycle. If you are taking the exam on a trike, this must be noted prior to the exam.
- The rider must provide their own set of headphones with microphone capabilities for the exam.
- Valid insurance and registration.
- No cracks in the windshield that obstructs the driver or passengers’ line of sight.
- Working signal/brake/head lights, horn, speedometer, parking brake, seat belts, mirrors, doors, and safe tires/brakes/steering, fuel, etc.
- Approximately half a tank of gas, or enough to complete the road test.
- The driver examiner will determine the safety of the vehicle prior to the Road Test. If the Examiner determines that the vehicle is not safe the Road Test will be cancelled and all fees paid will be lost.
** During the road test, passengers (including children) or pets, other than the road test examiner, are not permitted in the vehicle. **
To book a road test, please go to scheduler.itialb4dmv.com/schAlberta