Identification Cards


A photo identification card is available to Alberta residents who do not or cannot hold a valid Alberta operator’s licence.

Applicants must provide the following types of identification:

  1. Proof of legal entitlement in Canada (original Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian Citizenship card, permanent resident card, or out of country passport with a valid work or study permit). 
  2. Plus proof of Alberta residence such as a rent or lease agreement, pay stub, utility bill, mailed phone, mailed credit card statement, mailed bank statement, etc. All proof of residency documents cannot be dated over 90 days from application date. 
  3. A third piece of general ID. It can be anything from the list above as well as a valid firearms licence, Alberta Health Care Card, or Correctional Services ID.

*Please note that SIN cards are not accepted as identification.

Any person under the age of 18-years-old must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian (guardianship papers must be presented each time) and must present valid photo identification.

Any person over the ago of 18-years-old must show proof of Alberta residency. See above. 

Fee = $49.45

For more information, please go to


Close Menu